2 mashed ripe bananas
2 1/2 passionfruit (pulp)
1/2 cup Barambah Organics Natural Low Fat Yoghurt
75g melted butter
2 tbs vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 cups brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbs Barambah Organics Natural Low Fat Yogurt
1/2 passionfruit (pulp) for topping (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2. Combine mashed banana, eggs, passionfruit pulp, melted butter, oil, Barambah Organics Natural Low Fat Yoghurt and vanilla extract in one bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sifted* wholemeal flour
(*I sift to remove clumps and then add the wholemeal flakes back into the bowl), brown sugar, salt and baking powder.
4. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
5. Separate into greased muffin tin and bake for approx. 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
6. For the frosting, simply combine ingredients using electric mixture (adding additional yogurt if you would like a thinner frosting consistency)
7. Once muffins have completely cooled, add frosting and top with extra passionfruit pulp from leftover 1/2 passionfruit.
Thank you to the ever creative @oakandjune.food for creating this lovely recipe for us!