- Clean calamari by removing skin, wings, tentacles and innards.
- Cut open the tube so you have 1 flat piece of calamari.
- Place in a freezer for about 15 minutes to get it extremely cold.
- Slice as thinly as possible lengthways.
- Heat oil to 54°C and place calamari in oil for 4-6 minutes to firm the protein but remain tender.
- Drain well and season with salt and lemon juice.
- Slice cucumbers lengthways as thin as possible. Place in salted water for 3 minutes.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and place cucumbers in pickle brine for 3 minutes.
- Remove and drain well.
- Adjust the consistency of the yoghurt with milk and set it aside.
- Pick the bunch of dill and with a pot of boiling water blanch the dill for 30 seconds. Refresh in iced water. Drain well. Squeeze any water that might be in the herbs out.
- Blend on high speed with vegetable oil. Add just enough oil to just blend the dill into a thick paste.
- Hang oil in muslin overnight and what you are left with is an intense bright green dill flavoured oil.
To serve, thinly slice an apple, spoon the yoghurt onto the plate and add the oil. Make a small pile of squid, a small pile of cucumber and a few slivers of apple. Finish with foraged flowers.